ZS1DDK and ZS1AN started at around 05:00 from Bellville.
Picked up ZS1VDV at around 06:00 in Stellenbosch.
Got they key from ZS1YT at 06:30.
Arrived on site 08:30. Did a bit of 4×4 in the mist.
- Checked the SWR of the VHF repeater(1.7)
- Dismantled the full rack.
- Built in a UPS.
- Installed duplexer and bandpass filter (had to tune the band pass filter).
- Installed VHF, UHF repeaters and link radio.
- Installed a 50A power supply.
- Installed UHF duplexer.
- Installed link controller.
We struggled with local interference on site on the UHF and VHF repeaters. The VHF repeater squelch was closed to 0.37uV. (works now for about 99% of the problem). For the UHF repeater we had to switch on CTCSS.
The UHF link to Jonaskop is not operational, but the problem is suspected to be a misalignment on Jonaskop side (did recheck the alignment of the yagi on Hanskop side).
Had a quick bite to eat in Grabouw.
Back in Stellenbosch at around 17:00.
Back home in Bellville around 17:45.