ZS1DDK and ZS1VDV started just past 05:00 in Bellville. Loaded all equipment and left Stellenbosch 06:00 for Piketberg.
Arrived 07:45 at Piketberg Site.
On Inspection 3 main problems was found:
- There is a local signal creating interference on the VHF Repeater
- The controller was set to key the link on COS, with the problem that this was too often.
- The duplexer was not tuned well enough.
- The SQL of the VHF Repeater was set to 0.25microVolt.
- The controller was set to key the link on the presence of CTCSS(PL) and COS(SQL).
- The duplexer was retuned.
- The circulator was installed between the VHF repeater and duplexer.
- The controller FW was updated.
Left Piketberg site around 11:30.
Quickly had lunch in Wellington.
Arrived at 13:45 at Hawequa.
- UHF Repeater was not TXing.
- The repeat setting on the controller was in an inconsistent state, this was due to deactivation which was done 15 Feb to protect the TX radio. The setting was deactivated and the reactivated.
Left Hawequa site around 14:15.
Arrived 15:00 in Stellenbosch unpacked.
Finally got home at around 15:45.